(new position, posted 6/23/21)
Bridger Ski Foundation, a nonprofit ski club, is hiring a new program manager. We're looking for someone to be the glue that keeps us organized and a friendly personality who can make BSF feel like a family (even with 800+ skiers in our programs). The program manager handles everything from program and event registrations to donations, using multiple computer software programs. We're looking for someone who wants to take ownership of these processes, who loves to juggle tasks, and who thrives on creating an organizational system so they don't drop any of the balls. We're passionate about our mission, love the work we do, and our small core staff works as a tight team to bring world-class ski programs and trail grooming to our community. This is a year-round 70% FTE position, with benefits. Fall and winter are the busiest times, and this position offers excellent flexibility, especially in the summers.
Duties and Responsibility
- Manage front desk including responding to all inquiries, answering phone, and greeting visitors during office hours
- Manage and administrate program registrations, donations, trail passes, memberships, other sales, and Constant Contact
- Provide administrative support to executive director, development director, program directors, accounting and communications director as requested (e.g., manage rosters, event registration, membership services, and discipline-specific needs, assist with human resources, board functions, and major BSF community events)
- Manage and update some website material (scholarship information, staff directory, staff manual, handbooks, volunteer opportunities, and other edits as requested)
- Assist with marketing print projects (printing off in office or working with Allegra)
- Maintain and update event kits for fundraisers and outreach
- Assist in answering social media messages around events and registration.
- Database management: keep up to date records and pull reports that support development functions
- Donor communications: help ensure stewardship and cultivation efforts happen in a timely manner
- Fundraising campaigns: support the development, implementation, and tracking of campaigns
- Event support: Project management and follow-up for event coordination with event planners and volunteers
Essential Skills & Competencies:
- A commitment to BSF Mission, Vision, Values
- Professional and personable demeanor with strong emotional intelligence
- A self-starter with organizational and time management skills with the ability to set and meet deadlines with attention to detail
- Able to develop and maintain positive relationships with staff, board members, volunteers, and a variety of community stakeholders
- Able to work a flexible schedule including some evenings and weekends
- Able to pass background check and Safe-Sport certification
- Experience in non-profits or with relevant for-profit experience, proven capacity to learn and work in a dynamic environment
- Familiarity with the Bozeman ski community
- Demonstrated applied knowledge of office technology and information systems (including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, G-Suite) and donor databases (preferably E-Tapestry)
- Compensation DOE
- 70% FTE
- Paid time off and sick time
- High level of flexibility, especially in summer
- Health care benefit
- 403 (b) Plan
Please submit a cover letter, resume, and three professional references to:
Evan Weiss, Executive Director
Deadline: July 16, 2021
BSF is an equal opportunity employer
Inspiring a lifelong love of skiing, athletic excellence, and personal growth. Our goal is to create opportunities through educational and competitive programs in Alpine, Freestyle, Freeskiing, Snowboarding and Nordic skiing and to groom cross-country ski trails in the Bozeman community.
To be a world class community ski program.
- Maximize Athlete Potential: We provide programs that assist each participant in reaching his/her potential.
- Quality Programs: We provide environments that are fun and enriching.
- High Caliber Staff: We attract, retain and develop directors, coaches, and staff of the highest caliber, both personally and professionally. We provide ongoing training and learning opportunities for them.
- Affordability: We are committed to affordable and accessible introductory programs and seek community support and scholarships to help athletes as they move up the pipeline.
- Academics: We build relationships with the school system and work with participants so they can excel in their sport and school.
- Safe Sport: We protect every athlete’s emotional and physical safety.
- Volunteers: We cultivate and grow positive relationships with BSF volunteers.
- Community Relations: We promote positive, productive relationships with the local community, community partners, and supporters of BSF.
- Culture & Sportsmanship: We expect all athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, and employees to exhibit exceptional sportsmanship and contribute to the BSF culture and the broader community.
Programs and Services:
- Alpine Skiing
- Nordic Skiing
- Freestyle Skiing, Freeskiing and Snowboarding
- Community Nordic Trails