Alpine Assistant Comp Coach
Alpine Competition Assistant Coach
To apply for this position, please submit a letter of interest, resume and references to Alpine Competition Head Coach Kenny Wilson: email@example.com
Reports To: Alpine Competition Head Coach
Employment Status: Full-Time, Seasonal
Responsible For: Coaching and programming for athletes ages 15-21
Program Goals and Responsibilities:
The Alpine Competition Assistant Coach is responsible for coaching and programming for athletes ages 15-21, in accordance with the BSF Mission Statement and Values.
The Alpine Competition Assistant Coach reports directly to and works closely with the alpine Program Directors, communicates and collaborates regularly with the alpine coaching staff, Alpine Committee and other program coaches, office staff, and the general BSF community.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Must have a strong knowledge of Mission, Statement of Values, principles, ethics and practices of BSF.
- Work well under pressure.
- Possess excellent verbal communication, interpersonal, and relationship-building skills to effectively work with a variety of people and personalities; must be able to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
- Manage and share pertinent information as required to meet collaboration and teamwork goals of BSF staff and management.
- Display goal-oriented personality; commitment to persistence and persuasiveness in obtaining long- and short-term goals.
- Maintain a thorough, organized, and detail-oriented approach to all assigned work.
- Maintain a commitment to youth sports and the mission of BSF.
- Embrace and reach-out to the Gallatin Valley and surrounding towns and BSF communities.
- Present, inform, and motivate individuals and groups about BSF’s mission and recruit new athletes and coaches.
Assistant Coach Duties:
- Develop and maintain organizational structure of BSF Alpine programs.
- With the Program Directors, recruit participants and coordinate BSF Alpine ski programs including U14, Comp, Masters, FIS, PG.
- Responsible for transporting and supervision of athletes to races, many times unassisted by other coaches.
- Ability to set FIS legal courses for both training and racing.
- Coaching: Alpine PD will coach athletes on the hill and in dryland training.
- Maintain on mountain facilities – venues necessary for training and race events.
- Organize and manage the procurement of ski equipment and team uniforms for athletes.
- Communicate effectively with parents and athletes in all programs.
- Follow and enforce all Bridger Bowl directives among athletes.
- Oversee Alpine equipment: radios, timing equipment, gates, panels, drills, waxes, ski tuning equipment, etc.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Such changes will be immediately communicated with employee as needed.
- Two years of Alpine race coaching experience or experience racing at a Nor-am or collegiate level.
- Level 200 coaching license or actively pursuing.
- Must have a valid U.S. driver’s license.
- Willingness to travel both inter and intra-state for races, camps, and training according to USSA and FIS schedule.
- Required to participate in post-accident drug testing.
- Must be safe-sport certified.
- USSA and FIS referee license.
Inspiring a lifelong love of skiing, athletic excellence, and personal growth. Our goal is to create opportunities through educational and competitive programs in Alpine, Freestyle, Freeskiing, Snowboarding and Nordic skiing and to groom cross-country ski trails in the Bozeman community.
To be a world class community ski program.
- Maximize Athlete Potential: We provide programs that assist each participant in reaching his/her potential.
- Quality Programs: We provide environments that are fun and enriching.
- High Caliber Staff: We attract, retain and develop directors, coaches, and staff of the highest caliber, both personally and professionally. We provide ongoing training and learning opportunities for them.
- Affordability: We are committed to affordable and accessible introductory programs and seek community support and scholarships to help athletes as they move up the pipeline.
- Academics: We build relationships with the school system and work with participants so they can excel in their sport and school.
- Safe Sport: We protect every athlete’s emotional and physical safety.
- Volunteers: We cultivate and grow positive relationships with BSF volunteers.
- Community Relations: We promote positive, productive relationships with the local community, community partners, and supporters of BSF.
- Culture & Sportsmanship: We expect all athletes, parents, coaches, volunteers, and employees to exhibit exceptional sportsmanship and contribute to the BSF culture and the broader community.
Programs and Services:
- Alpine Skiing
- Nordic Skiing
- Freestyle Skiing, Freeskiing and Snowboarding
- Community Nordic Trails