The BSF Alpine Competitive Team: (begins with Ages 13 & up; for J3, J2, J1 & Seniors). The Competitive Team Program is for athletes who have made a definite commitment to the sport. In addition to growing the love of ski racing, the goals of the Comp team are as far reaching as the athlete’s imagination. Skill development, “best use practices” of our training facilities, and quality coaching ensure athletes the opportunity to develop their craft. Skiing on this level requires good time management skills to balance academics and athletics.
- Competitive Team Costs: 3-Day USSA- $1,380; 5-Day USSA- $2,480; 5-Day FIS- $3,480
- Fall Dryland begins the second week of school. The winter program beings Nov. 15 and ends with Spring Series in April.
- Comp 3 Day USSA- Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday - USSA/ Nor. Div. A-J3 Series
- Comp 5 Day USSA- Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun - USSA/ Nor. Div. A-J3 Series
- Comp 5 Day FIS- Tues/Wed/Thurs/Sat/Sun - Western Region FIS/USSA Nor. A-J3 Series
- USSA License is Required, FIS License if applicable.
- Hard Shell (no soft eared) CE approved or equivalent helmet required
- Free Skiing, GS & SL skis recommended, DH/SG skis if applicable
- Primary competition is in Northern Div/USSA A-J3 Series, Western Region FIS
- Parent/volunteer assistance with races is required and much appreciated
- Rescue beacon & confidence in its use is recommended
- Fall Dryland and Christmas Camp included; Summer Dryland & Thanksgiving Camp not included. Other potential ski-season fees/costs (depending on the skier’s age and/or level of participation) include individual race fees, travel, and coaching travel expenses for races and camps.