Parent information meeting November 20, 2012 at 6:30 PM at the Bridger Ski Foundations office. 707 Bridger Drive Suite#B
Check out Jackson Botdker BSF Freestyle big mtn team member.
Big Mountain Team-Freeride
Big Mountain Team (recommended ages 11-20): This group focuses on skiing the entire mountain. The Big Mountain Team will prepare the younger athlete for big mountain competition; for the older athlete, it is a way to learn the skills needed to compete with the best athletes on the circuit. For those interested in competition, the IFSA (International Free Skiing Association) has created Regional and National Tours for ages 12-14 and 15-17. The Big Mountain Team will prepare athletes for national level competition, while educating them on how to become strong and responsible big mountain skiers.
- Big Mountain Team Cost: $830
- Big Mtn program begins December 8, 2012 and ends April 14, 2013
- Dryland Program Begins October 29, 2011 and is every Monday and Wednesday, Fridays.
- USSA license and/or IFSA liscense required
- Hard Shell (no soft eared) CE approved or equivalent helmet required
- Bridger Bowl ski pass required
- Competition is in the IFSA tour
- Parent/volunteer assistance with races & fundraising is needed and is a great opportunity for parents to learn about BSF Freestyle
- Rescue beacon & confidence in its use is recommended
- Fall Trampoline Camp is not included. Summer Dryland and Summer Trampoline Sessions are not included; other potential ski-season fees/costs (depending on the skier’s age and/or level of participation) include individual race fees, travel, and coaching expenses for races and camps. Additional cost may include additional fees for lodging, coaching, meals and transportation based on participation.
- Baseline testing is required this season. This testing will take place at the BSF office